How to file GST return – GST is an indirect tax in India as of 1 July 2017. GST return is the reporting of taxes by means of GSTR forms in compliance with the rules and qualifying requirements. A return is a report comprising information of the taxes that a person is expected to send to the tax authorities.
GST compliant sales and purchase receipts are needed to file GST returns or GST filings. It is utilized by the tax authority to measure the tax liability. Under GST, a licensed dealer must file GST returns, covering purchases, sales, output GST (On Sales), input tax credit (GST paid on purchases).
Must read – Who is a taxable person under GST?
All registered corporations shall apply monthly, quarterly and/or annual GST returns on the basis of business type.
Under the GST returns, taxpayers operating their companies and enterprises throughout India, either interstate or intrastate, are entitled to submit a GST return as recommended by the GST Council & the indirect tax department.
Must read – Types of GST returns?
Follow this instruction to file GST return online.
- Go to www.gst.gov.in also the official GST portal.
- A 15-digit GST ID number would be given depending on your state code & your PAN number.
- Submit bills to the GST portal or software. The reference number of the bill would be given against each invoice.
- When invoices have been uploaded, an outward return, an inward return as well as a combined monthly return must be filed online.
- File outward returns in GSTR-1 form via the GST Common Portal (GSTN) information segment on or prior to the 10th of the preceding month
- If there were any other mistakes, you do have a choice of fixing and re-filing the returns.