How to file Nil GSTR-1 return – GST returns must be submitted each month by everyone who has a GST registration, regardless of the sales or viability of the company The taxpayer then should log in to the GST portal and send NIL returns, even though the taxpayer does not record invoices for the registered company. If the taxpayer is unable to file the Null return, a levy of Rs.100 per day usually extends before the filing is done. Therefore, all taxpayers who are enrolled for a GST shall request a Null GST return even before the deadline. The due dates for GST returns shall be as follows:
Is it compulsory to file nil return?
Yes, all taxpayers with GST registration can file GST returns mostly on 10th, 15th and 20th of every month. Even if there is no business activity or sale occurs throughout a month, the taxpayer should always sign in to the GST website and submit the Nil GST return in order to avoid fines.
How to file Nil GSTR-1 return?
Follow this step-by-step instruction on how to file Nil GSTR-1.
- Go to the GST portal and login with your credentials.
- On the menu, you will see service and from the dropdown select return dashboard.
- From the drop-down, choose the month and year of filing.
- Under GSTR-1 heading you will see ‘Prepare Online’. Click it.
- At the end of the page, you will see ‘Generate GSTR-1 Summary’. Click it
- Click on the checkbox and press the ‘Preview’ button.(shown below)
Tap on the ‘Submit’ button. You should file your return whether using DSC or EVC.
More Helpful Article – GST Blog