Gumasta License is registration necessary for performing any type of business in the state of Maharashtra. It is regulated by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai underneath the Maharashtra Shop and Establishment Act. It is a license that grants you the right to do business at a given venue. This licensing is a fundamental prerequisite for any company to be accepted by the Government or the Bank for any business, regardless of whether it is carried out by a single individual or a large corporation.
Having Gumasta means that your company can be established without any problems and is very necessary for opening your current account or receiving a loan from any financial institution. It is not practicable to acquire GST registration without this license in Maharashtra State.
Steps For Gumasta Registration
- For registration, you will have to visit the following website – http://www.mcgm.gov.in.
- The form may be filled in and sent underneath the Shops and Establishment tab.
- It will produce a Challan number and you will have to pay the fee to get the UTN number.
- Download and make a copy of the form and send it to the Municipal Corporation Shop License Dept. with all necessary documentation.
- After inspection of the paper, the officials shall issue the Shop License.
- The officer can visit the location where the shop and establishment are situated, if possible.
- Request for registration must be sent to the Region Inspector within 30 days of the start of the operation.
Documents Required For Gumasta License
The papers needed for registration are described below and, aside from the general documents, there are some particular documents needed for a partnership firm and company which has to be submitted are listed below:
|Sole Proprietorship||Partnership||Private Company|
|Aadhar card/ Pan Card/ photo||Partnership Deed||Memorandum and Article Of association|
|Aadhar card/ Pan Card/ photo||Partnership Firm’s Pan||Certificate of Incorporation|
|Application Letter in the prescribed format||Partner’s ID proof – Address and Identity||Company Director’s ID proof – Address and Identity|
|Authority letter for business||Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm|
|Proof of ownership of Property|
Advantages Of Having Gumasta License
Mentioned below are a few of the advantages that small business may gain by applying for a Gumasta license.
- If you apply for a Gumasta licence, you could use all the advantages and tax subsidies applicable to the Government of Maharashtra under this program.
- It acts as evidence of a legal body that grants you the freedom to operate a business in the State of Maharashtra.
- Any business will need a bank account to receive payments from clients. Most banks are seeking a Gumasta license as an ID proof to create a company bank account.