MPTAX Professional Tax Registration in Madhya Pradesh 2023
MPTAX: Madhya Pradesh Professional Tax Registration
The professionals and members are liable to the State Government’s professional tax. The Madhya Pradesh State Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings, and Employments Act of 1975 governs the imposition and administration of professional taxes (MPTAX) in Madhya Pradesh.
MPTAX: Madhya Pradesh Professional Tax Procedure
- Apply for Form 1 within 30 days of becoming obligated to pay the professional tax.
- The system will provide an acknowledgment that includes the date and time for you to attend the registration authority.
- Sign the application and send it to the relevant professional tax registration body.
- The professional tax registration authority will offer registration in Form 1-A and a TIN (Registration number under the profession tax legislation) upon receipt of the signed application.
Who Is Eligible for MPTAX Professional Pay?
- MPTAX: If your tax liability exceeds ₹50,000, you must file monthly returns by the last day of each month.
- If your tax liability in the preceding year was less than ₹50,000, you must file an annual return by March 31.
- You can file an amended return if you make an error.
The Professional Tax Filing Deadline in MPTAX
If you are enrolled for professional tax, you must file monthly returns by the final day of the month if you owe more than ₹50,000. Assume you owe more petite; file annually by March 31. If you make a mistake, you can file an amended return.
How Are Stamp Duty and Registration Fees Calculated in Madhya Pradesh?
Example: If you buy a house for Rs 50,00,000, you would have to pay stamp duty and registration fees of Rs 5.75 Lakh. This is how it is calculated:
- Property cost: ₹50,000.00
- Stamp duty (7.50% of property cost): ₹3,75,000
- Registration fees (3% of property cost): ₹1,50,000
- Total amount to be paid: ₹5,75,000
The MPTAX IGR website also allows you to compute stamp duty and registration fees. Log in, then go to Property Valuation and Duty Calculation and choose the deed category and type. Validate the information to see the applicable duty appear on the screen.
Tax Benefits on Stamp Duty and Registration Fees in Madhya Pradesh
MPTAX – When submitting your Income Tax Return, you can claim tax benefits of up to ₹1.5 Lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. It is crucial to note, however, that this deduction can only be claimed in the year in which the property is purchased.
Professional Tax Registration in Madhya Pradesh is required for persons and companies involved in professions, trades, or employment in the state. The registration process includes getting a unique identity number and adhering to the Madhya Pradesh Professional Tax Department’s applicable laws. Individuals and corporations satisfy their legal requirements while also contributing to the state’s revenue by registering for professional tax. It enables the government to support numerous public services and infrastructure development initiatives. Failure to register or pay professional tax can result in penalties and legal implications. As a result, early registration assures compliance and facilitates the smooth operation of the Madhya Pradesh taxation system.