Entrepreneur Support Scheme Kerala (E.S.S.)
Entrepreneur Support Scheme Kerala: The Directorate of Industries and Commerce’s most popular and appealing scheme is the Entrepreneur Support Scheme (ESS). The scheme’s goal is to provide financial assistance to Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises in the state that are engaged in manufacturing activities in proportion to the capital investment made. Depending on the investor category, sector, and investment district, the unit can receive a subsidy ranging from 15% to 45% of the fixed capital investment. A Loan from a financial institution is not required for this scheme.
Benefits Of Entrepreneur Support Scheme
- Subsidies investments in land, buildings, machinery, electricity, essential office equipment, pollution control devices, and other fixed assets.
- For the General Category, assistance is limited to 15% of the capital investment up to Rs 30 lakh.
- The assistance is limited to Rs 40 lakh for young (18 to 45 year old), women, SC/ST, and non-resident Keralite (NRK) entrepreneurs.
- Enterprises in priority sectors are eligible for an additional 10% subsidy up to Rs 10 lakh.
- MSMEs established in the districts of Idukki, Wayanad, Kasargode, and Pathanamthitta are eligible for a 10% bonus up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Enterprises established after acquiring new technology from approved research institutions are eligible for a 10% bonus up to Rs 10 lakh.
Objective Of Entrepreneur Support Scheme Kerala (E.S.S.)
- Provide extensive support to micro, small, and medium enterprises and
- Provide one-time support to entrepreneurs, with due regard for special categories, through optimal use of funds and increased operational flexibility while implementing the Scheme.
These guidelines, approved by the Kerala government, aim to simplify and explain the modalities of filing the Entrepreneur Support Scheme in the following format.